Wingman is a game mode added to CSGO with the Operation Hydra update. The update, released on November 13, 2017, also included War Games and Weapons Expert modes. For that period, we can say that Operation Hydra contains many innovations for CSGO. Because “Trust Factor”, a new system that affects the matching algorithm with Wingman, was also included in the game. With that, Wingman has turned into a permanent game mode for CSGO.
Wingman Unique Features
- Wingman is a game mode that you can play to improve your personal skills and teamwork methods in CSGO. Unlike the classic 5v5 game mode, Wingman has a system based on 2v2.
- Likewise, Wingman also has classic ranked gameplay. However, the only difference is that the total number of rounds is 16. Therefore, whichever team wins the first 9 rounds wins the match.
- Everything in this game mode is kept short, fast and simple. This includes round times. In short, you have to finish 1 round within 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- In addition, Wingman has a total of 10 maps. These map numbers change with some updates.
- In the rest of our guide, we will talk about maps and their details. But first of all, we would like to point out that the maps in Wingman are compact. So it is small enough to be suitable for 2v2.
- At first, we mentioned that Wingman has a ranked system. This system is different from the classic CSGO competitive structure. Wingman game mode has its own ranks and ranking system. Also, the ranks you get in Wingman do not affect your rank in normal CSGO.
- Considering that Wingman has a serious competitive nature, it may be better to play with your friends.
How to Play Wingman Game Mode in CS:GO?
Whether you’re a pro or a beginner, Wingman is open to everyone. If you want to play Wingman game mode in CSGO, what you need to do is very simple. You can join the game in a few minutes by following the steps below.
- Launch CSGO from Steam and login to the game.
- You will view many game modes under “Offical Matchmaking” on the Main Page of the game.
- Here you will immediately see Wingman. However, if you are a new player, you must have seen that this place is locked. Valve will tell you here that you need to play the other game modes a little more. You can have some fun by entering Deathmatch, Casual, Wargames or Danger Zone modes. You can probably unlock the “Wingman” game mode with a few hours of gameplay.
- The lock will be unlocked when you’ve gained enough experience. You will then be able to enjoy competitive Wingman.
Maps Used for CSGO Wingman Mode
We talked a little bit about maps in Wingman mode at the beginning of our guide. We know that it is smaller and compact than normal maps. In addition, we mentioned that these maps may change with some updates.
For example, in February 2022, Valve added two new maps to Wingman and removed two maps from Wingman that was added in 2021. Therefore, when it comes to the maps in Wingman, everything can change at any time.
If you want to get information about the latest updates, you can follow our blog from time to time. Now if you’re ready, let’s take a look at Wingman’s current map list.
- Cobblestone (Bombsite B) – The map has been scaled down to include bombsite B only.
- Crete – was included in the game on February 21, 2022, along with CSGO’s new update, Operation Riptide.
- Hive – was also included with Operation Riptide.
- Inferno – Bombsite A
- Overpass – Bombsite B
- Vertigo – Bombsite B
- Train – Bombsite A
Removed Maps List
You can find the list of maps removed with patches below.
- Bank (Operation Hydra)
- Elysion (Operation Broken Fang)
- Extraction (Operation Riptide)
- Guard (Operation Broken Fang)
- Ravine (Operation Riptide)
- Safehouse (Operation Hydra)
- Shorttrain (Operation Hydra)
- St. Marc (Operation Hydra)
CSGO Wingman Ranks
First of all, the rank system in Wingman is not related to your main CSGO rank. Likewise, it is not related to your Danger Zone rank. In short, ranks in Wingman are completely independent of others. Depending on your personal achievement and performance, there are 18 ranks in Wingman that you can move up through. Beginners are usually placed in Silver rank after their first game. Then you can gradually start to rise to other ranks. Now let’s take a quick look at the ranks.
- Silver I
- Silver II
- Silver III
- Silver IV
- Silver Elite
- Silver Elite Master
- Gold Nova I
- Gold Nova II
- Gold Nova III
- Gold Nova Master
- Master Guardian I
- Master Guardian II
- Master Guardian Elite
- Distinguished Master Guardian
- Legendary Eagle
- Legendary Eagle Master
- Supreme Master First Class
- Global Elite